This year Carolina Service Council (along with the Leadership and Service Center) is once again assisting in the Carolina Cares Holiday Donation Drive. There will be a table on the second floor of Russell Monday-Friday 11AM-2PM where you can check out supplies. The drive will be ongoing for the month of November. The options this year include:
FILL A STOCKING – SALVATION ARMY
Bring the spirit of giving back to a child in Columbia this year
When filling your stockings, we ask you follow these guidelines:
- NO EDIBLES or CANDY
- No razors or other sharp objects
- Please provide BRAND NEW gifts
Infant – Ages 1- 2
Small Stuffed Animals, Dolls, Baby Care Products, Teething Rings, Bottles, Rattles, Balls, Toys That Cannot Be Swallowed, Diapers, Socks, Etc.
Books, Bubbles, Crayons, Color Books, Small Toys, Stuffed Animals, Cars, Trucks, Dolls, Hats, Gloves, Socks, Stuffed Animals, Small Books, Puzzles, Etc.
Pencils, Pens, Rulers, Notepads, Jewelry, Handheld Games, Puzzles, Toothbrushes, Toothpaste, Bath Accessories, Combs, Brushes, Hats, Gloves, Socks, Bubble Bath, Watches, Cologne, Perfume, Wallets, Hair Care Products, Make-up, Cameras, Socks, Small radios, Etc.
ADOPT A FAMILY- FAMILIES HELPING FAMILIES
Family “sponsorship” consisting of a box of non-perishable food supplies and a holiday card for Thanksgiving!
These items are due on Monday, November 20th, 2017.
Each box should contain enough food to feed a 4 person or 6 person family
Although the amount of items per box should be influenced by the family size for which your organization decides to provide, there should be a minimum of the following amount of food
- 1 canned meat (for the main dish) § 3-4 sides
- 1 dessert to share
- 1 beverage to share
Here are some items that are appropriate for the boxes:
- Turkey (canned)
- Ham (canned)
- Boxed mashed potatoes
- Canned yams
- Stuffing mix
- Canned vegetables
- Dessert mixes
- Apple cider
- Gift cards
- An original card wishing the family a happy and safe holiday season!
HOLIDAY CARDS FOR MILITARY HEROS – American Red Cross
Send a Holiday card to a military hero!
Please consider the following guidelines when writing cards:
- These letters will be delivered to military service members, their families, and veterans, but will not be sent to military operations overseas.
- Be creative and spread holiday cheer! You can draw pictures, write a poem, or simply say
- “Thank you for your service and happy holidays.”
- “Thank you for protecting our country and ensuring our freedom!”
- “Your sacrifices are not forgotten!”
- Use generic card titles such as “Dear Service Member, Military Family Member, or Veteran” when addressing cards.
- Do not include inserts of any kind as these will be removed during the sorting process.
- Refrain from using glitter as it could aggravate existing health issues of wounded, ill or injured recipients.
- Avoid putting any type of personal contact information.
- You may sign the card using just your first name, “USC student,” or something similar.
Monetary Donations are also accepted at our table in Russell House or through Venom (@usc_csc)!
Celebrate the spirit of service at USC’s 63nd annual Tree Lighting Ceremony on December 7th at 6pm on the Horseshoe!
For more information or questions, contact Carolina Cares Director Anjali Amalean at email@example.com or at (864) 764-2391